Start the 2015 off with our next PALE meeting at Hopvine Brewing Company at 7pm.
- One Four Pack of 2014 Bourbon County
- CBW Gift Card
- Hopvine is donating a growler ($5 value) and a $20 gift card for the raffle.
- Other items TBD!
PALE project reboot – bring your best beer this month for the Best of Show – entries must be in prior to 7pm! See the PALE Project page for more details.
Malt extract comparison and tasting, by Jamnes
Come a bit early and support our host and have some dinner and craft beer before the meeting.
Come ring in the holidays with your PALE friends and, Santa’s favorite – BEER!
When: December 13th @ 6 pm
Where: Grande Park Clubhouse – Map to the clubhouse can be found here – http://bit.ly/1En7zC8
UPDATE – We have had generous beer donations from Hopvine and Polyanna to compliment our party.
Hopvine – Oaty Stout
Polyanna – Behind Abby Doors
Be sure to sign up and not miss out on this event.
- Cost is $10/person.
- First 60 people to register get a super-festive 2014 PALE Winter Party glass!
- Payment can be made via PayPal at Treasurer@palebrewers.org
- Be sure to include the name(s) of who’s attending in the comments section of the PayPal payment.
*** IMPORTANT: This is a pot luck and bottle share party. Please answer the poll in the comments section of the evite with what type of dish you’ll be bringing.
- Main dish
For the bottle share, please visit the Google spreadsheet (ask for details)
Questions? Please send to email@example.com
Thursday, November 6th, at Nevins Brewing Company in Plainfield
Meeting begins promptly at 7pm. Please arrive early if you wish to renew your membership. We have cut our membership dues in half this year to only $10!!! Members in Good Standing may also pay on the web. If you are able to arrive early, you may also like to sample some of Nevin’s food and craft beer that is on special at $3/glass every Thursday.
If you want solid, honest feedback on your beer, look for the folks with yellow lanyards. These are BJCP certified judges and will be happy to give you praise and pointers on your brew.
Show & Tell: Got a piece of equipment, technique, or process you can share in about two minutes? Let us know and we’ll give you the stage!
Saturday November 29 at the home of Kevin Herbst at (7pm?)
Bring at least 24 oz. of your favorite high gravity beer(s) and some munchies to share. Please see John Marlovits or email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
Thursday, December 4th, 7PM at Hopvine
Ashleigh Hayden of New Belgium Brewery (and PALE member) is will be doing an exclusive Off Flavor Seminar for our club. Free to active PALE members, please register with Brian Phad or email to Secretary@PALEBrewers.org.
When: Saturday December 13th, 6PM
Where: Grande Park Clubhouse
26401 Grande Park Blvd.
Plainfield, IL 60585
What: A great party. Pale will provide awesome local beers and the first 60 signed up will get an exclusive PALE Winter Party tasting glass.
We will also have a Bottleshare featuring rare and/or Holiday themed beers, so break open your cellar and bring something tasty.
Food will be Potluck, so fire up your smokers and grills and let’s have some great food we can share.
What you need to do NOW: Signup now to insure your spot and glass, the cost is only $10 per person see Rob Ruiz or pay via paypal($11 to cover Paypal costs) to Treasurer@palebrewers.org.
Keep your eyes open for an Evite that will also be going out to track attendees and the Potluck.
Hello all … First I wanted to say I am very excited to take the reigns of PALE. For those of you that don’t know me, I have been with PALE since the beginning and have been part of the board in different facets for many years. I am looking forward to a great year.
Coming soon we will have more information on upcoming event including – Learn to Homebrew Day Nov 1st at Hopvine and the Christmas Party Dec 13th at Grande Point Clubhouse.
The 9/4/2014 meeting was held at Nevins Brewing Company, Mike Zuro presiding in Darien’s absence.
- Brew At The Bridge, September 20th, 2014, in Oswego, IL from 1-7pm. We’re still looking for volunteers and beer donations. See Ian Webster for more details.
- Bottle Share at Art Golk’s house on Saturday, September 27th, 7pm. Theme: Sours. There will also be cigars and charred pork of some kind.
- Dues will be lowering due to the new insurance policy. Details forthcoming.
- Details on this years Christmas party will also be forthcoming.
- Brixtoberfest! Looking for competitors, judges, and stewards! Entries accepted starting September 6th. Check out http://brixtoberfest.brixiesbrewers.com for more info.
- Election nominations:
- President: John Lawlor nominated himself, seconded by Art Golk
- VP: Art Golk nominated himself, seconded by Mike Zuro
- Secretary: Rob Ruiz nominated Brian Phad, seconded by Travis Beard
- Treasurer: Rob Ruiz nominated himself, seconded by Ian Webster
- Director: Mike Zuro nominated himself, seconded by Rob Ruiz
- Technology Chair: David Hermann nominated for appointment
- Industry Liaison: Ken McMullen nominated for appointment
- Brewing Technology: Jamnes Cameron nominated for appointment
- Social Chair: John Marlovitz nominated for appointment
- MWBF: Huge thanks to volunteers and homebrew donors from Ken McMullen and Dave Stoiber
- Hopvine: Ken mentioned he has a lot of old Limestone growlers he needs to get rid of at a discount. Talk to him for more details.
- Pollyanna Brewing: Ed says they might be opening at the end of September in Lemont. All inspections passed to date!